Eswatini Birding Spectacular 2024
The 6th Annual Eswatini Birding Spectacular
Dedicated in memory of Pieter De Waal and hosted by Mbuluzi Game Reserve
You are invited to join us for a weekend of excellent birding in the Kingdom.
When: 27 January 2024
Where: Accommodation will be available at Mbuluzi Game Reserve although you are not restricted to stay here.
- Birds to be recorded from 00h00 28th January until 23h59 28th January (All of Saturday);
- All birding to happen within Eswatini’s borders;
- Teams not restricted to a certain size, but 3-4 = ideal. Only one vehicle at a time per team;
- Majority of team to confirm the sighting.
Birds preferably logged on the Birdlasser group
Informal meeting around the braai in Mbuluzi on the Friday night (not compulsory).
Breakfast at Simunye Country Club on Sunday am and prize giving (not compulsory)
We hope to showcase the amazing variety that eSwatini has to offer when it comes to habitats and birdlife. From Blue Swallows in the Grassland to Narina Trogons in the Forest to Pink Throated Twinspots in the Lowveld and many in between.
Mbuluzi Game Reserve is situated in the North-Eastern corner of eSwatini about 5 hours from Johannesburg. Mbuluzi has various accommodation options from camping to lodges and they have agreed to host event. Most parts of Swaziland are within a 2-hour drive from Mbuluzi and so one can plan various routes to brilliant birding spots from here.
For any queries and to book your spot please contact:
- Andrew Tucker +27 82 858 6021, email@example.com
- Mandla Motsa +268 76 250 604 firstname.lastname@example.org
To book accommodation at Mbuluzi Game Reserve visit M
BORDER POST HOURS
Lavumisa/Golela 07h00 – 22h00 [from KZN]
Ngwenya/Oshoek 24 hrs service [from Johannesburg/Pretoria]
Bordergate/Managa 07h00 – 18h00 [from Kruger Park / Nelspruit]
Lomahasha / Namaacha 07h00 – 20h00 [from Mozambique]
Mhlumeni / Goba 24 hrs service [from Mozambique]
* BIRDERS FROM OUTSIDE ESWATINI DON'T FORGET YOUR PASSPORTS!!